Some troubleshooting steps for my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
i have a $400 24" lcd monitor connection to my PC via DVI cable and it isn't working properly. The monitor has an LED light and when I turn my computer on it displays blue and when I turn it off it displays red. That should be a sign that my monitor is still detected somewhat.

Any other steps I should try? I already tried rebooting (through improper shutdown).

EDIT 1: I tried connecting another monitor to my PC via the regular cable (VGA?) and it works. It seems like either my graphics card's DVI or my lcd monitor's connection is faulty. How do I pinpoint the exact problem?

Well first see if you can connect it to your PC via VGA. If you can. If so then it would be narrowed down to the DVI output. Any other video cards or anything like that you can test it on?

I had a similar problem w/ mine. Everytime I connected the DVI cable it would go into standby mode. What I did was connect the both VGA cable(into the primary display port) and DVI(into secondary), boot into windows, go into display settings, both DVI and VGA should still be connected and then choose monitor 2 as my primary which should be the DVI connection. Unplug the VGA connection and you should be all set. This is all assuming that you have both VGA and DVI on the back of your monitor. If you have HDMI like I do just follow the same steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom