Some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to test each ram stick one at a time..... also if you encounter errors (as you did)... put the ram stick into a different slot and run the test again..... do that for all your ram slots on the board to make shur its not just a particular slot on the board that is the cause of the problem.

Also what is your powersupply? brand and specs?
If your using a faulty power unit, that can also possibly cause all sorts of errors.

Antec 550 Watt Power Supply With 2 Fans 5.25 Control Panel, Model "TRUE CONTROL 550W" -RETAIL

If I put one stick of ram in the bottom orange slot I get beeps and a check vid signal error. When I move it to the top it works fine. But then I got the 10k error msgs

iv used socket A, 478 and lower boards... and i could boot with a ram stick in any slot, didnt matter witch one..... look at your motherboard manual, and see if it mentions that you need your ram in a specific slot inorder to boot (I dont think any motherboard requires this).... if so, then its probably not your ram at fault.. otherwise it would boot in any slot you put it in.

i also looked at your PSU on Newegg, and was a little saprized to see quite a few negative reviews from people who say they encounter dificaultys with that power unit. (especially since newegg filters out most negative reviews... this one seems a high negative ratio for such filtered feedback).... check it out here.... http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16817103932

If i were u, i would use (or barrow) a nown good power supply temporarily to test your comp with.

Yea I dont know if it has something to do with the dual channel or single channel. But when I put a tick in the yellow slots I get...

Please install one ram module in Dimm 2 for single channel operation, and 2 modules in dimm 2&4 for dual channel opertation. Then I get the F1 to continue or Del to enter setup or something like that.

On another note, I tested my two sticks of corsair XMS memory and the first stick ran 32 passes with no errors. I am currently testing both sticks at the same time.

After all the testing you've done it sounds like you just have bad RAM. On a side note what cpu and motherboard are you using?

The good news is RAM almost always has a lifetime warranty so it wont cost you anything.

I have the DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939

I hear that the value select memory though is not good for DFI boards.

I got doom 3 to load finally but still getting errors from wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom