Some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRISH

Baseband Member
Some problems *EDIT* Ran mem test, please check

Ok here is the story. I had an abit AV8 board, with 1 gig of Corsair XMS mem, and an AGP 6800gt. Well my vid card crapped out so I bought a DFI Lan Party UT NF4 Ultra board, EVGA 7800gt, and 2 gigs of valueselect mem. I reloaded windows and got all the drivers downloaded. Now when I tried to play world of warcraft it locks up, and then I get critical errors. I restart my machine, and everytime I restart I get the message your system has recovered from a critical error. I have been trying to re-install the game but I always get an error when trying to copy info over. I am also trying to install farcry but it just hangs on disk 2. I bring up the task manager and it says it is running buto ne of the processes is setup.exe and it is taking 4.5k mem usage but it is not doing anything. My hard drive light is flashing but it doesnt sound liek anything is happening. I installed windows just fine with it. But now no games. I ran mem test and everything was fine. I am really lost, any help would be appreciated.

Run checkdisk on your hard drive. Download the diag tool from the manufacturers website and run an extended test on your drive. Then post back results please.

I will do that. This is an error I get..

Error 1305. Error reading from file d:\Program Flies\ubisoft\crytek\Far cry\level\archive\levellm.pak. Please verify that the file exists adn that you can access it.

This is during instal.

Then when I cancell I get error 1603 fatal error during installation. Consult windows installer help.

No errors came up, this time I got to disk 4 and right when it was near finishing my machine rebooted. I really dont know what do do now.

Well it seems that you've had problems since installing the new hardware so it wouldnt hurt to test it to make sure its working correctly. Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ and post results, the problem could be its failing to load something into RAM.

Ok ran 2 passes. I got 15 errors on the 2nf pass on test # 8

Failing Address: 00048f64384 - 1167.2 MB
Good: fffffff
Bad: 00ffffff
Err bits: ff00000
count: 1

Everything is the same for all 15 except the failing address.

Any suggestions?

something is wrong with one of your sticks on ram, I once ran the test on mine for 10 hours and didnt get one single error. How many stick of ram do you have, 2 or 4? In either case try taking a stick out and retesting to locate the problem stick.

yea 2 sticks, each 1g. I got the corsair value select 400mhz ram. SO I will try that then and hopefully just one stick is bad.

Ok wth, tested first stick and got 422 errors 1/4 of the way into the 2nd pass...Time to test 2nd stick. I am not a complete newb but what is the chances of both brand new sticks being bad??

ok so tested 2nd stick and got 10000 errors halfway through the first pass. If anyone is familiar with the DFI boards, my mem should be in the orange slots correct? And when I test each one individually it should bi in the orange slot farthest from the CPU correct? Or if I do it individually should they be in the yellow slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom