*SOLVED* sd card has been write protected - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
ID.10T

Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default *SOLVED* sd card has been write protected

Here's what happened, I moved a 3.5 inch internal card reader from one PC to another, and now my one gig SD card from my PDA won't let me move, delete or write any files to or from it, it's showing that it's now write protected.

The first thing I thought was obvious was to flip the little switch on the side, I think most SD cards call that the lock, but that has done nothing, plus, with Kodak's card, it doesn't even tell you which side is lock and which is not anyways, so I tried em both to no avail.

I also went into "my computer" and hoped that by choosing "properties" for the SD card, I could change the write protection permissions, but I could not find anything to do so.

I also rebooted the PC, hoping the electronic Gods would hear my prayer, the reboot did not work either.

So, um, help?

Oh yeah, if it matters, my PDA I use mainly as a glorified media player, the most files that are on the card are video and audio files, it's a Palm Tungsten E.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
ID.10T

Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default Re: sd card has been write protected

Problem has been solved, quite funny really, I read around on some google finds and many people were saying the the lock/unlock switch may become loose over time on the physical SD card itself, and guess what, I jiggled it a little, moved it a little towards the middle and it works. My gosh, I think I'll be getting a new SanDisk card and tossing this Kodak card in the future.