soldering without solder?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
hi, so last week i accidently pulled out the wire out of my headphone volume control. i ordered a soldering on ebay but i didnt do any research on soldering. i just realised now that i also need to buy solder :p. can i use the soldering iron to fuse the wire back on the volume control board without using solder?

hi, so last week i accidently pulled out the wire out of my headphone volume control. i ordered a soldering on ebay but i didnt do any research on soldering. i just realised now that i also need to buy solder :p. can i use the soldering iron to fuse the wire back on the volume control board without using solder?

No.

However, you could be cheap and try and use the solder already on the board (where is wire is broken not from another component lol).:cool:

Last edited:
Update:
Ok, I bought some solder from the local hardware shop and I soldered the wires and only burning one finger :lol:. The headset volume control lights came on but Windows said that the device was broken or something. I searched my problem online and I think I have soldered the wrong combination of wires. I'll try that and I will post if anything new happens.

Lol, I really need these headphones, atm I'm using some cheap £1 earphones with only one side working :p

Last edited:
Update:
Ok, I bought some solder from the local hardware shop and I soldered the wires and only burning one finger :lol:. The headset volume control lights came on but Windows said that the device was broken or something. I searched my problem online and I think I have soldered the wrong combination of wires. I'll try that and I will post if anything new happens.

Lol, I really need these headphones, atm I'm using some cheap £1 earphones with only one side working :p

Yes, make sure it's the correct wires lol.

Update:

I suggest getting something like this to not burn your fingers again ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Soldering-Iron-Third-Hand-Tweezers/dp/B0030DKSZG

Back
Top Bottom