Small Hard Drive Space - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to thebleakness
Default Small Hard Drive Space

I just installed window xp onto my system and followed all the instructions but when i check under the properties, it says that there is only 9.7gb of hdd space. 6.6gb of that is already used up. Did i do something wrong? If so, what do i do to fix it. My specs are in my sig.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

What file system did you choose to format the drives with, NTFS right? When you set up the RAID did it say that your new disc size is 240 gb?

Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, i used NTFS and it came out to about 240gb (alittle smaller because of the actuall size but w/e). Do you have any idea what i should do? Thanks for the response.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

did you hit f6 when you first boot the xp disc and install the raid drivers with the raid floppy?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I see you found the other topic. Yes i installed both RAID drivers that came on the floppy. I also bought the drives OEM so they didnt come with anything. Could it be with the 48bit lba that you were talking about? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by thebleakness
I see you found the other topic. Yes i installed both RAID drivers that came on the floppy. I also bought the drives OEM so they didnt come with anything. Could it be with the 48bit lba that you were talking about? Thanks for the help.
I have your mobo. load the last 2 or 3 drivers on that floppy. you don't see them. use the down arrow to pull them up. I got a seagate cd somewhere. let me find it
Old 01-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

here. I couldn't find my cd to upload.

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/utils.html
Old 01-03-2006, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I remember seeing 5 drivers on the floppy when i installed the two required ones. I was following this guide and it never mentioned the other 3 non-required ones.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

those are probably the 2. I don't use a raid setup, but I use sata so I do mine differently. it shows a few driver and I know they one I pick aren't on the initaial screen.

maybe when you follow their direction and create that 10 gig partition and it screwed things up.

Closed Thread