AMD64 3500+ VeniceCore
Asus A8V Deluxe
Crucial DDR3200 2x512MB
BFG 6800GT AGP
Seagate 160GB ATA100
POWMAX 480W
LOGISYS Acrylic Case
Windows XP Home

After installing the new components and installing windows everything was running fine but i notice when booting up the window loading bars take forever until it gets to the desktop...about 20-30 bars ...everytime I turn the computer on. Even when I play a game the loading time for each map is taking 15-20 times longer to load compared to my older setup. Is there anything wrong with my new setup?

First off, make sure you have all your drivers updated. After that check the device manager, to make sure your computer sees all the new devices, especially the processor to make sure its running at the right speed; I had a friend that upgraded his CPU and it was running at a much lower speed.

P.S. Awesome Sig :)

CPU.png

Mainboard.png

Memory.png

SPD1.png

SPD2.png

Everything seems to be running perfectly but its just the long loading times for windows and programs.
In games like COD(Call of Duty) it loads the map in like 30 secs which is a long time compared to my old setup but after awhile like in a hour when loading another map it takes 5 seconds or less:confused:

long loading times = slow hard drive access
defrag
check that DMA is enabled on the hard drive (in device manager, check the IDE channels have "DMA if available" selected)
check that the hard drives are running at ATA100 (if they're IDE). you'll need an 80 wire IDE cable for it.

Im using the hdd cable that came with my A8V motherboard
"DMA if available" is selected in the device manager
The hard drive is brand new (retail) and I only have used 10.5GB of 149GB. Should I switch back to my old 80GB hard drive?
Is there a huge difference between my
Seagate 160GB ATA100 and my HItachi 80GB ATA133

WOW 138 of 149...... Thats gonna be one long defrag, what do you have thats absorbing that much of the hd?

i meant 138 free space, sry bout that
how long does dragging take? does it depend on the amount of space used?

ahhh lol, yeah it depends how badly fragmented, and how much data it has to move. That shouldn't take long, but it might not fix the problem..... Actually it might take a while considering your problem. I can't think of any 1 thing that would cause a problem that bad.

Is your harddrive accessing the whole time everything is loading? Maybe if for some reason someone switched a setting in the bios to force like pio mode 0 or 1, but chances of that are slim.

Even if you did switch the harddrive I don't think it would change, you have a problem somewhere. Did you install the ide drivers that came with the motherboard, or an updated ide driver from the asus website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom