Slow Motherboard Load Time

EndevR

Beta member
Hi everyone, I recently had a terrible root kit virus get into my computer that I built recently and I had to get it taken care of at my local shop due to not being able to access my drives or anything. The computer is now fully operational again and going just as strong as it was before the virus got in, except for two things.

The virus shut my computer off before I could even figure out what was going on. So I turned my computer on to right notice that my motherboard was loading extraordinarily slow. I have a 990FXA-GD80 motherboard made by MSI. The Motherboard usually loads within seconds and I'm at the Windows logo. I have an SSD for my OS and then a 1TB for files.

I'm just trying to figure out why the motherboard is so slow now, I will wait for around 15-20 seconds alone just trying to get passed the initial post codes that the motherboard reads on start up before even seeing my splash screen for my motherboard. I also can't seem to even access my BIOS anymore, I've tried every single F key possible, but nothing.

Dig you try the del key. Below text is from the manual.
Press DEL to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu
If the message disappears before you respond and you still wish to enter Setup, restart
the system by turning it OFF and On or pressing the RESET button. You may also restart
the system by simultaneously pressing <Ctrl>, <Alt>, and <Delete> keys.
Have you tried the Bios reset?

you could have several issues.
the first is that they may have not totally cleaned out the rootkit. you probably need a wipe and clean install
second, they may have done just that and they did not reinstall your chipset drivers, this would make for a slower running pc.
third, you might have a clean pc but due to the viruses and rootkit your windows files have become corrupted or damaged...viruses tend to do that too

get all the drivers you need for your pc on another medium first and consider that a clean install might be your best option (imho)

Back
Top Bottom