Slow games at low and highest settings

soor@j

Beta member
I bought a Saphire ATI Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3 today. I earlier had an 8400GS. My new specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 Ghz (single core)
2048 MB DDR RAM
1 TB HARD DISK
ATI HD 6450 1GB DDR3
ASUS A8V-VM SE Motherboard (PCI Express x16 slot)
Now for my problem. I installed the GPU & reinstalled windows 7(only c drive formatted). I installed drivers(catalyst 10.8). When i played prototype, the game was really slow with less and same fps both at highest and lowest settings. Then i ran saints row 3. Same results: poor and same fps and performance at both highest and lowest settings. It played like my old 8400gs when it overheated. Even nfs mw 2005 and gta vc did not work without lag. It was worse fps than my old 8400gs card(abt 12-17 fps in sr3 and pt and 60 fps in nfsmw and gta vc in 8400gs). Also when i double clicked the games, it froze at a black screen for about 2-3 mins and then the intro video came. It does not even play 1080p vids perfectly. Is it because my pc has pciex16 slot and gpu need pciex16 2.1 slot? Please tell me the cause of this and do not write about upgrading. I dont have money. I have 400w psu and heat of cpu and gpu is below 50c. Pls hlp me as i bought the gpu with high hopes.

Last edited:
I bought a Saphire ATI Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3 today. I earlier had an 8400GS. My new specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 Ghz (single core)
2048 MB DDR RAM
1 TB HARD DISK
ATI HD 6450 1GB DDR3
ASUS A8V-VM SE Motherboard (PCI Express x16 slot)
Now for my problem. I installed the GPU & reinstalled windows 7(only c drive formatted). I installed drivers(catalyst 10.8). When i played prototype, the game was really slow with less and same fps both at highest and lowest settings. Then i ran saints row 3. Same results: poor and same fps and performance at both highest and lowest settings. It played like my old 8400gs when it overheated. Even nfs mw 2005 and gta vc did not work without lag. It was worse fps than my old 8400gs card(abt 12-17 fps in sr3 and pt and 60 fps in nfsmw and gta vc in 8400gs). Also when i double clicked the games, it froze at a black screen for about 2-3 mins and then the intro video came. It does not even play 1080p vids perfectly. Is it because my pc has pciex16 slot and gpu need pciex16 2.1 slot? Please tell me the cause of this and do not write about upgrading. I dont have money. I have 400w psu and heat of cpu and gpu is below 50c. Pls hlp me as i bought the gpu with high hopes.

Hmm, before I give you the bad news let me explain somethings.
1. the ATI 10.8 drivers you got may or may not be stable and yes sir it is out date. :/

Download this later on so you can be current AMD/ATI's new driver.
2.By looking at your whole computer setup the games you want to run now, that athlon64 doesn't have the juice or enough speed to run those.
AT 2.0ghz it will be slow and you're fps will be horrid which is now. :/
3.The motherboard is out of date, I know you say you don't have any money at the moment. -_-

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A780L3C AM3 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX - Newegg.com

Those 2 parts alone would have enough power to game decently.
I know you'e from india but try to sell the motherboard and current cpu if you need the money.
Yes don't worry that tri-core can do alot for simple pc gaming, use to own one myself but sold it to someone else.

Thats only way I see to fix your issue, and no OC your athlon64 up just to game would be a sad joke and risky.

Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom