slow-downs/pausing on my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
My computer has gone strange, all of a sudden. I notice it in firefox, when i type, or scroll, it keeps pausing, and then "catches up with itself". This can take anywhere from 2-10 seconds, and the pauses happen every 10 seconds or so. this pausing ONLY happens with firefox, but it appeared the same time as what is described below, so I am sure it is linked.

then, when I thought that was annoying, I tried to load a program from the start menu, and a message came up saying that I had "gone over quota" or something and that the task could not be carried out. i though hold up, what is this all about? run out of mem? maybe? ill check task manger. nope, didnt like that either. said that the application could not be started, memory error yah de yah. the windows I had open went all funny, sort of "layering on top of each other" and the text on the title bars disappeared.

I then ran a memtest, which it passed with no problems. the page file is set as normal, and there are no problems there.

any ideas? this is very strange to me.... :( I dont have time to reformat it, due to lots of college work etc, so I REALLY dont want to have to do that.

thanks.

i had a similar problem with my laptop, my sister once booted it and shes was like WTF! all the icons started flickering and twitching everywhere, so i was thinking... not malware or virus because i have no internet connected to it.. so i pulled out the RAM and the battery from it and let it sit for a while but i also noticed that it was overheating so i put Arctic Silver 5 on it, loaded eveything back in, and Bingo works like new even tho its 5yrs. old

Pull out the RAM for a while and let it sit out for 20minutes to be cleared out. Then shove it back in
im also thinking u got a lot of stuff on ur system thats not needed like Firefox history, undeleted mail,etc thats causing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom