Slow Boot Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtej

Beta member
Ok I've been having this problem for awhile and can't figure it out, I have talked to all my computer geek friends about the issue.
Basically what happens is I turn my computer on, it goes to the "POST" screen and before it his the WINDOWS XP loading screen with the little bar, the screen goes black for about 30-45 seconds. I have reloaded Windows numerous of times and still does the same thing. The machine is new, I built it Oct 2005.

Specs:
MSI NEO4 K8N 939 PIN MOBO
AMD 64 3200 939 PIN
1GB DDR RAM PC3200
PCI-E GEFORCE 7600 VIDEO CARD 256 DDR2 RAM (I believe its DDR2, it might be DDR3)

The overall machine works great when it boots up, however the slow boot has been driving me nuts, it booted just fine for a few months and it just started doing this.

I have tried booting with all USB devices unplugged having just my KB, MOUSE, MON connected up and still does the same thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Feel free to email me with your suggestions thanks

jtej21@gmail.com

erm, boot sector of hard disk ? could even be the cable in the thing, worth a shot anyways

it might be one of ur external devices, try only having ur monitor, mouse, powercable, and keyboard connected.

Okay, if you reformat the PC, and install it, it is the smae slow speed as before?

If so, I would suggest to check the Hard drive. The MBR secotrs might be bad, meaning, having difficulty to read.

Another thing would be BIOS.
If you set it to boot from floppy drive first, and no floppy drive is found, it will take ages before it moves on. Go into your BIOS and make sure your primary hard drive is first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom