Slow Bandwidth, not ISP, something with hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoSRx7

Beta member
Brand new computer with fresh install of XP pro sp2.

The board is an Intel D915PBL with 3.2GHz + 512MB. The HD is a WD 80Gig SATA drive.

Here's the issue. The system seems to be running perfect. Everything is loading fine and no errors seen. When using the internet the speeds are very slow (10k-20k). Sometimes for a quick second or two its fast, but usually big downloads are slow. It's running on an onboard nic card.

I've tried another NiC card and another Wireless card. I also tried a different wire and router port, and still have the same result. This leads to me believing its an hardware issue.

Another thing i see is, when browsing the net, the computer sounds like its having trouble loading or reading the HD. But then again, applications run fine.

Is there anything else i can test or any program i can run to do some tests? Thanks.

Carlos

do you have any other computers on the network? if so, do they do this too?...for somereason i'm not thinking it's your NIC because you tried a few different ones. If i were you, i would bypass the router and take a crossover cable (if you have one) directly from your modem to your PC..and see if that changes anything

All the other computers on the network are running fine. Even connected to all the ports they all run fine except this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom