slings + arrows of hardware misfortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSIghost

Beta member
for some reason i believe i always have the worst luck in installing or altering anythign hardware realted, but i do it anyways.

to start off, i am logic capable; i've connected all the right cables, checked jumpers, and secured slots.

now herein lies the problem.

i tried to change up a 5 year old PC that had graphics card + sound card.

i don't know the model or brand.

anyways, i detached them, along with the hdd to a 3 year old PC and reconnected everything as it should be. the reason why i did this was the mobo on the older one was scr**ed up.

now, the problem is, i can't boot it. when i press power, it does one of two things:

1. goes to the normal diagnostics screen, shows things liek keyboard and etc. then says it encountered a memory error, reset timing, press f4 for startup. i don't know how to change BIOS settings that well so i don't mess with it, but after i save BIOS settings and exit, it doesn't reboot.

2. goes to a bootup selection screen, where it displays optiosn to start in safe mode, last known config, start nromally, etc. however, if i select any of these options, it leads to a blue screen where it mentiosn the basic vague crap like "try restarting" or "there may be a virus". something about 0xf9cd0640, don't know where it goes from there.

basically, it still does nto boot up any further than that.

on another note, it doesn't acknowledge the video card because when i try to plug the monitor into its video outlet, it doesn't send the signal, so i use the mobo's default graphics.

i honestly am searching for help; there are important files that at the very least i'd like to recover.

thanks in advance,

SCSIGHOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom