SLI weird issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar issue with my 285.. can you set the clocks lower? for all the categories. I set mine lower and it started working like a charm.

While 85C may be acceptable to you, my GTX 280's in SLI never get in the 60's (air-cooling with aftermarket heatsinks). And (2) cards working together get hotter than a single card by itself so that's probably why it cleared up when using a single card. You should try swapping the cards so their in different slots and see if the problem comes back. If it does then the card in the top slot is going bad and you should try to RMA it. If both cards work good by themselves then you should look into improving your case ventilation and if that doesn't help then you should look into some better coolers or lowering the cards clock speeds.

While 85C may be acceptable to you, my GTX 280's in SLI never get in the 60's (air-cooling with aftermarket heatsinks). And (2) cards working together get hotter than a single card by itself so that's probably why it cleared up when using a single card. You should try swapping the cards so their in different slots and see if the problem comes back. If it does then the card in the top slot is going bad and you should try to RMA it. If both cards work good by themselves then you should look into improving your case ventilation and if that doesn't help then you should look into some better coolers or lowering the cards clock speeds.

True. It doesn't matter though, my new system is crossfire... so I'll be back to one video card anyway.

But I will test it, if it happens on the new system I will RMA it.

If I install the second card into the second Pci express lot, would it act as a Physics card or no? I WAS overclocked 50mhz on everything for EVGA precision..

There is a hack to use an Nvidia card for PhysX with a ATI card as the main display. But it is not officially supported and it could be eliminated at any time Nvidia so decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom