SLI stops working ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Alright, so I bought a second gtx 285 off evga's bstock, which turned out to be a dud. They sent me another one, and it seemed to be working fine. I really wasn't playing games. I just saw that it was being recognized in the Nvidia control panel. After playing bf3, it stopped working, and my system no longer sees it. This is similar to what happened with the last one with bc2. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening?

Actually, I think it is a little bit. Have you dealt with this issue before?

No, I was mistaken. It wasn't really sagging. I know I had it so that there was zero of this, and it still didn't work. I tried it lonesome, and monitor said no signal, so I guess it is dead. Last time this happened though the computer wouldn't even turn on. Could there be something in my system that is killing the card? It happens as soon as the card gets a real load. Like black ops won't do it, but the bf titles just seem to cause the cards to die. I mean, my original is doing fine. These are evga bstock cards, so they are recertified. I just think it is odd, I'd get two bad ones in a row.

I don't buy b-stock major components. I can kill a handpicked item without any help from questionable components.

Alright, well thanks a lot, Slay, for helping sort this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom