SLI problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default SLI problem

Long story dumb, had someone I didn't know build my computer and got screwed.

Running three GTX275's without proper psu or processor...

Problem is when I take one out ( I removed the middle one ) the screen flickers (ONLY when playing games, never desktop or anything else) as if the refresh rate was out of whack. When I run all three in sli everything works fine (except for the heat buildup) But so far as I can tell no settings have been changed. I'm using a 32 in samsung tv as my monitor.

Please help.

PC Set up:

EVGAx58 motherboard

Intel 2.66 quadcore i7 900

3 GTX275

6 gb ram

Windows 7

Hope that all you need, if not let me know.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: SLI problem

Insert the cards so they are lined up next to each other, not so there is a space in between. Go into BIOS make sure everything is dandy. Update drivers (if need be, always keep video card drivers up to date, as I'm sure you know)

Come back let me know if that helped!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

What EVGA X58 mobo do you have?

What Power Supply do you have?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Your solution did work...but just cus i felt like it, I tried to leave a gap in the middle of the two card, and I got it to work. Think perhaps i forgot to reset the sli in the control panel the first time around. Thank you
Closed Thread