sleep-wake loop/ computer does not wake up from sleep

willhumanitysurvive

Beta member
computer gets stuck in a loop when waking from sleep mode. as always I have to hold the power button so I can get it out of the loop but this last time
something caught my attention when booting up. a error message bios had crashed and loaded backup bios files. I hope I can find the help I need to correct this issue.

info that may be useful.
motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
bios date: 7/16/2012
processor: intel i7-3820 @4.0GHz
RAM- 16GB [NOTE: system info only shows 8GB]

will supply system summaries on request

Last edited:
Well first of all, if your system is only showing 8 GB, then you either have your RAM in the wrong configuration, or you have a bad stick/slot. First You'll want to test it by shutting the PC down and removing all the RAM. Then take one stick at a time and put it into a slot and boot the PC. If it boots then you know its good. If its a bad stick, then your system should beep or the power light will flash. It's not a good idea to just have a stick of RAM in the computer when it's not doing anything. Could also be seated improperly and that's a short circuit waiting to happen.

Aaaanyways back to the topic at hand. My first thought about the BIOS is the button cell battery that needs to replaced every so often. I don't see that playing a part towards the sleep mode problem. I can't immediately think of a solution, but you could go into the power options and disable sleep mode (Assuming you're using Windows 7 or newer)

I'm also not fully understanding your issue. When you say it 'loops', are you saying the screen shows the operating system, and then cuts to black again? That's what I'm picturing, and it's hard to place an exact cause on that.

Back
Top Bottom