Slave harddrive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clere210

Beta member
I have a 160GB harddrive I use for dedicated storage. I had windows xp pro corp installed on my 120, and had the 160 as storage, had a few simple installers, and my videos on it. I just reformatted my 120 and put windows xp media center on it, and now it won't let me access my 160GB. Anyone have any idea why? Would the different OS matter even though its just a storage drive (Update: i tried it on a comp with xp pro corp, still same problem)? It won't let me change drive letters or do anything but delete the partition..and I have movies on the drive I need to save so I cant just format it.

Thanks

no it doesn't say access denied, it just wont let me do anything with my HD. It sees it in disk management, but all the options are greyed out when i right click it there.

do you see its partitions in "my computer" , and if you do what message you get when your tryin to access it? , did you use some full hd encryption software on it?

i cant see it in my computer, i can only see it in device manager/disk management...I've never put an OS on it or anything i always just stored **** on it and after I reformatted it didn't want to see it anymore. I have media center 2005 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom