Siren sound! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as if the mobo might have fried somewhere... have you looked to see if any of the capacitors are bulging or split? CPU's are actually pretty hard to fry if you are not OCing, or doing anything crazy. you might look into a new board maybe?

Interesting advice, thank you. After reading your post I thoroughly inspected the motherboard, and cannot find any bulging or split capacitors. I also thought it was hard to damage a cpu, considering the system has never been overclocked to my knowledge. I had initially thought that perhaps it was the motherboard, but many people have since told me that it must be an overheating/damaged cpu. The hi-low beeps heard when it is turned on suggest that, although I thought that code is for award bios, and this system has amibios... However, even if that is what the code indicates, I'm sure if something is wrong with the current flowing to or from the processor on the motherboard somewhere, it could probably generate the same error. What do you think? I wonder if I should order a replacement motherboard or a new cpu.... Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom