Siren sound! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, I was just thinking the same thing, I am going to reset it now, I don't have any thermal paste, or a replacement fan, but the fan is spinning fine when I turn it on, so I don't think that should be an issue. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again for your help!

I tried reseating it, didn't work, so I tried a second time hopefully - nothing... still the same problem... I don't want to go buy another cpu and try it, because I am very poor right now, I have literally no money, and I can't afford to buy a cpu, however cheap, especially if it doesn't solve my problem..... *******... any other suggestions? When I inspected the processor I couldn't find any visible problems, it seems like it should be working fine...

I have already tried reseating the video card as stated in my initial post

Get some thermal paste, reseat the CPU again, and make sure you are getting good contact between the heatsink and CPU. Alternating high and low pitches is an overheating alarm.

azrael said:
no you don't understand - I've brought it right back to its original spot already, plugged into the same power bar, keyboard, mouse, and monitor as another computer that is set up there, that is working fine - doesn't help at all.

Well, I apologize for tryign to help. I guess you dont want it. I dont see anywhere that you say you have plugged the equipment back into the original outlet. So telling me that it was "no help at all" is stupid. Like LAW said, its hard to diagnose something over a forum. So you want me to understand what you have adn havent done when you dont tell us, then say its no help at all.. forget it.

I hope you figure it out, but I just hope your a bit less arrogant to the next person.

no you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying your post was no help at all, I was saying that moving it back to its original position didn't help at all. I'm confused how you could interpret it that way but I'm sorry you did as I never meant anything like that - I appreciate your and everyone's help, I was not being arrogant at all.

:( I guess I was kinda jumpy as well, I'm sorry too.

Well, if you cant get even boot into bios, than it could be a power supply issue, I would either test it with a different one (recommended) or, unly have the motherboard, 1 hd, 1 optical, and the video card plugged in (just to lower that amount of power consumption.

whats your motherboard by the way?

Thanks for your advice toxic, after reading your post I tried it with a different power supply that I know works, and unfortunately I still get the same problem... I think snake-eyes is right, it has to be a problem with the cpu. The cpu is either damaged somehow, or simply overheating. When I get a chance I will go buy some thermal compound and try that, I'm not exactly making it my highest priority because I am not making any money for this, I am simply building this computer as a favor for an in-law, and she is actually really ****ing me off and clearly doesn't appreciate it at all, so helping her was a big mistake on my part - I was just trying to save her spending hundreds of dollars on a new computer... whatever... anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me advice, I really appreciate it. Hopefully the thermal compound will work, because I can't afford a new cpu. By the way, in response to your question, I took a closer look at the motherboard and it is an msi 845 pro v1. Thanks again, everyone.

Well, I wanted to get this person off my back so I went and bought some thermal compound, applied it and reseated the heatsink along with the processor. I made sure all the connections were good, and it still doesn't work! Same bloody problem.... I guess the cpu must be somehow damaged.... 423 pin processors are impossible to find in my area for whatever reason, it's scary how fast things become obsolete. I'll have to either order one or order a 423pin to 478pin adapter. Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom