Single DVI Monitor and GTX 280 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I have just built a new gaming system with 2 GTX 280's running in SLI and a single 22" Samsung 2253BW Monitor (which has both a VGA and DVI port).

My problem is that if I plug the monitor into the first of the 4 available DVI ports, everything works during POST but as soon as the Windows drivers kick in, the screen goes blank. The only way I can get it to come back on is to plug in the VGA cable with a DVI adapter, and then Windows seems to re-detect the display and then DVI starts working again.

If I plug into one of the DVI ports on the second video card, I get no signal during POST but once Windows loads, it kicks in and works fine.

Alternatively, if I just use the VGA cable with the DVI adapter, it works every time.
I have disabled the "input source auto-detect" on the monitor so I know it is staying on the DVI source at all times.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my display configuration within Windows, but this is the first SLI system I've ever set up and I think that's where I'm going wrong somewhere.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using the video card closest to the cpu? I know that once windows boots and SLI is enabled, the 2nd card's dvi ports get disabled.

Yes, the top card is closest to the CPU and I tried using both DVI ports with the same result. For now, I'm using the 1st port on the second card and it works fine except that the second card is not active during POST. Only after it boots to the Windows login does the signal come on.

You can use an DVI cable or VGA cable with DVI adapter. Configur the auto source to auto detect.

The problem is in the NVIDIA-configuration.

3D-configuration:
- Configur the SLI- and PhysX-configuration

1. Configur the PhysX GPU:
- Off
- On

2. Select a SLI-configuration:
- Don't use SLI
- Use SLI

you should try this: 1. - Off and 2. - Don't use SLI and save it.
after that reboot your computer and see if you still have the same problem or not.
then go back to the NVIDIA-configuration and put 1. - On and 2. - Use SLI and save it.
after that reboot your computer and the problem is solved i hope so.
i've had the same stupid :s problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom