Signs of a dying Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Alright after recently upgrading my system (new Ram, video card and CPU), I've been noticing some crashing, and hanging problems, that I've never had before. If Im playing a game off my hard drive I.E. back up image up NFS MW (Yes I do OWN the game!) Ill be playing for about 20-30 mins and my monitor shuts off as if theres no signal, and everything just freezes, but the computer is still running. If i let it sit there, about 1 minute later the comp restarts.

Now I've been noticing some "Clicking" noise from my hard drive (WD Cavier SE 80gig SATA) everyonce in a while, and whenever i exit out of a game I hear the famous Error Ding sound but no error box. I've done a little reasearch here and there and some say the clicking noise is a sign of a dying hard drive, others say its normal.

So what I'm asking is it time for another HD or is something else causing the crashing?

Thanks.

it could be a number of problems. Overheating,faulty ram,bad power supply... i have no experiance with a clicking hard drive so i would'nt be able to say if thats the sound a dying HD makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom