Signal Over Range? Very Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trick

Beta member
I wasnt sure where to make this topic, it is about my graphics card but its only concerning one particular game im playing...anyway, I tell you about the problem and any admins can move this to the appropriate forum.

I have a Sapphire Radeon x1650 XT 256mb & have been using it with no trouble for the past 3-4 weeks. When I first got it the 1st game I tried it out on was Rainbow Six: Raven Shield and it worked fine @ 1024 x 768 (highest res I can have as I have an LCD monitor). I uninstalled Raven shield a few days ago and went back to it and all of my graphics cards settings are exactly the same but when I try to play Raven Shield (after the loading screen, when it loads a level) the picture cuts out and says 'Signal Over Range!).
Now I know what this means because I have tried in the past to use a higher res than 1024x768 and I get this message but the problem is, im not using a higher res than 1024x768, also 800x600 doesnt work either and I get the same problem (Signal Over Range!) but 640x480 does work, and im left scratching my head! Yet all the other games I play work perfectly at 1024x768.

I have also tried uninstalling & reinstalling the graphics card with no luck.

Now you might be able to see why I didnt know what forum to put this in, is it hardware or software problem?

PC specs -

Intel Celeron D 3.33ghz
Windows XP SP2
512mb ram
Sapphire Radeon x1650 XT 256mb GFX card

This may not help but in the past when I've had these kind of problems I try to use the DirectX program that comes with the game and it has worked for me a few times. I know you may have already used it but just thought I'd put that out there. So you uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it? Maybe try that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom