"signal out of range" on my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradernick

Beta member
Hey guys, new user here. I have a sva flat screen monitor that I've owned for 2 or 3 years, although it's spent most of that time on a shelf unused so it's practically new, still. It began giving a blinking message on the screen that says "Signal out of Range" and it has done so with two different pc's. I can't find any helpful info on the 'net so wanted to post here. I love the monitor but am close to beating the **** out of it with a hammer lol. When I push the menu button several times to scroll through the functions (without changing anything) the message changes to "Auto" for a few seconds, then the outta range message disappears for a few seconds before starting again...very frustrating.
Help!
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Sounds like the video card is displaying a resolution the monitor cant handle. Does the monitor display anything at POST or as windows is booting, then go to the out of range once windows starts? If so, boot to safe mode and lower the resolution or refresh rate.

I don't know what POST means but I don't think there's any other displays/messages during boot. I'll boot in safe mode and try to figure out how to lower the resolution/refresh rate.
Thanks!
Nick

Power On Self Test. Its the first thing the computer does. If you can even see the options to get into safe mode, its likely that the video card or resolution is the culprit.

Changed the refresh rate and that seems to have fixed it. THANK YOU, I'm gonna learn a lot here. Reading forums is a fave pastime of mine and a quick way to gain knowledge, since there's forums on practically everything these days.
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom