Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
Umm One of my computers:
3200+ 939 VEnice Stock cooling
Biostar M9-6100
OCZ VS 512mb
3x80mm Case fans

Well when ever Iam using it under full load like in games it shutsdown.I cant figure out why.Temps around load are 40*c Max.Only during gaming and heavy load programs.Idle temps is about 29*c.Games have been playing on this for a while.The temps are in the safe range i think.Umm I have a 60*c shutdown temp on the MOBO BIos .
The temps that I giving are from EVErest.Please suggestion's

Update: I just went full load while not gaming and it got only up to 36*C Max.No restart.Although I wasnt at full load for an extended time.

sounds like overheating/unstable psu
how exactly did you go *full-load* while not gaming? i suggest youll run the torture test with prime95 http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm and at the same time monitor the temperature with everest

also in everest , get into computer-->sensor ,and take a screenshot so ill see if the psu voltages are stable

and just for making sure , your using the onboard graphics and not a seperate graphics card you forgot to mention right?

Well the the PSU is pretty much brand new.Its a Coolmax 400w
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=544429&CatId=1078
I tryed the Prime 95, but the server must be down becuase it keeps on telling me that the server is unavailable.Its not a computer would want to spend that much on for a PSU but that is a nice PSU though.Iam getting parts for a new computer so if I can figure out if it is the PSU
then ill buy one.It has intergrated GFX's and cannot be taking any juice from the PSU.The only thing it can be is overheating but I need to figure that out.No overclock totaly stock.

what about that everest screenshot i requested^? , as for prime95 in menu goto test-->primenet uncheck the first box and click ok then goto options-->torture test and select the 2nd one "in-place large ffts" and click ok to start, i suggest youll give it 2 hours at least , and to stop it goto test-->stop , before starting it run everest and get into computer-->sensor so youll monitor voltages/temperature while its being stress tested , and dont do anything while its under stress test believe me it will barely move

coolmax isnt a quality brand their psus are cheap crap, and what counts on psus is the amper rating not the watt , that psu have only 18A on the +12v which isnt much but i think its enough for your system+but it may be even less then 18A as cheap psus specs tend to be far off then what they really are

Ahh i gotcha so Iam doing that right now and Ill give you a screenshot of everest while iam doing and after its done.The PSU I dought is the problem even if it is cheap.This computer is the cheapest I have.But it still it alright for how much I paid for it.Only around $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom