shut down at windows "welcome" screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm. i wish i could have a Log stored of all my temps when i play gaemsso i dont have to wswitch back and look. that way when it shuts down i jsutreboot and look at the temp logs to see what went on.

I was up at 2:45 this morning drawing with my tablet. and it seemed to be fine. I wake up this morning at 11:50 and its shut down. I notice this in the event log

There are times from 1:30 to 2:40 something. and they seem liken ormal activities because i was using hte pc at the time. but there was no logs from 2:40 up untill 6:23.... obviously i wasnt up at the time. This seems to be the point of when it shut down because at 11:52 is when i got up and turned my pc back on and is when i started to get logs again.

heres the info for what happened at 6:23

eventlog.png

Thankyou all for the help :D

OK what happened this time was that i was just on msn and firefox.... and loading up photoshop elements 6.0 and it just shuts down....this is becoming a real nuisence. I opened my pc up grounding myself and felt hte HS to see if it was hot... nothing was REALLY hot excepet for my northbridge. I tried to restart and it got all my icons loaded up and had all my startu p programs running and then the infamous windows error sound. I minimize everything to see what it is and in the header of the error message said TBIA and under it it said something about a Kshell error. Not sure what that means but i do believe it might involve me reinstalling windows.....

The sptd error you got what does it say? If I'm right it should say communication was lost with your hard drive. Try changing your SATA or IDE cable.

hmmm. i wish i could have a Log stored of all my temps when i play gaemsso i dont have to wswitch back and look.

Rivatuner has such monitoring and logging capabilities. It also has on-screen display, so you can see in real time what your temps are in game.

sptd.png

Here is hte properties of the Sptd

i've noticed that every time it shuts down one of those errors occurs about around the same time it does shut down... Intriguing

CrazeD:

Thats awesome I'll play around with it tonight and see about using that. :D thanks

I know I work with clients computers all the time and the sptd error is one that comes up quite a bit. Most times it turns out to be a hard drive issue.

also 93c is way too hot no matter what card you have. i would do something about that.
also check NB temps. my old nforce 570's NB ran pretty hot.

I know I work with clients computers all the time and the sptd error is one that comes up quite a bit. Most times it turns out to be a hard drive issue.

Hmmm does this mean that the HDD is failing/dying? If so i need to know soon for i have important data on here that i need. and if it does die i dont want to have to take it to Geek squad to get a Platter transfer.

Yea its been dusted out. I'll change the cable before i go to bed tonight. Im on an old IDE HDD set up so the cable might be twisted around or something of the like.

going all sata on my next build. :D its much cleaner looking.

oh btw i've been up and running since 5 pm but i've also been staying out of games.

did you check to see if the fan on you video card is still working.

only reason i say this is...i have had a fan just die on one of my cards in the past. it wasnt a pretty sight.

those temps are very high. 79c idle eek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom