Shut down blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddymofo

Baseband Member
Hey guys, thought its about time i posted to find out some solution to this problem Ive been having. To start off il give you my specs.

Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8800
Ram:4GB (2x1GB Crucial Ballistix)(2x1GB Dominator)
CPU:Q6600 2.4
Motherboard:Gigabyte PS5R (something like that lol)
bla bla..

Had computer for about 1&1/2 Years now and whenever i shut it down now, it logs off, seems to do that fine and goes "shutting down" where it then freezes like this for 10 minutes, then blue screens and restarts. However i did notice, when i turn the computer on, the computer will shut down IF as soon as i hit the log on screen i just instantly turn off again. Otherwise, Blue Screen. Here is the blue screen info..

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

then ur usual bla bla
Technical Information:
*** STOP:0x0000009F (0x0000000000000003,0xFFFFFA8008A3B060,0xFFFFFA8009A570,0xFFFFFA8006583C60)

*Im guessing that constantly shutting the computer down by holding in the power button isnt good for it so hopefully you guys know what to do**

Start with the most common ones.

Video Drivers are the easiest.

Then get the updated drivers for your mother board at their site.

Then work down the Device Manager for sound card, network card and so on.

Why did you post the Stop error code for a F4 Error when he posted that he had a 9F error? Which i already posted the link to.

because he also listed the 0x03 error, which is what I googled. That 9F error had the same extension, so maybe it's related. And anyways, it's in parallel with what you said; a driver. Perhaps that 03 error is common for NIC drivers?

That was the parameters for the Stop 9F code. That is just 1 whole stop code mate.

The first is the Stop Code itself. The stuff in parthensis is what is used to determine what value caused this so that you can determine more information about the Stop code.

If you look at the link i posted it shows the 0X3 Paramter as a Driver for XP and later. If you check the thread located here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/

You will see how to determine and read these stop codes more efficetively. While yes it is in parallel to what i said it jsut confuses the matter more when you post a code and information that is not directly related to the Stop Error code he got. So yes while this time it worked out that you got the same information, it might not be this way next time. I just dont want to give conflicting information to members.

I never said you didnt mate. Just wondered why. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom