Should I look into getting a new power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiszerg

Baseband Member
I have a 420W power supply in my system running two 500gig SATA HDs, a 512mb AGP x8 video card, two CD drives, a floppy, and 8 fans total including fans in the power supply, on the CPU and on the video card.

A 420w power supply should run all of this with no problem but... I find that sometimes my hardware will not be powered. This would happen sometimes with my video card and now most recently with my HDs. First of all the video card would just simply not power up at all. Now most recently my HDs will just go randomly dead while in the middle of something... a temporary fix seems to have been to reroute the power connectors to my hardware and try to more evenly distribute the power.

Before I did this I had the two HDs and video card connected to a single string of power cables.

thanks

it should be more than enough to power that, perhaps your PSU is on it's way out

It came with the case. It's a RaidMax and it's about 4 and a half years old. lol

I did reroute the power cables though like I said and everything seems fine... Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom