Severe FPS problems in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant 220000, not 220 available. Sorry for the confusion. I only got CSS/HL2 a few days ago, and the FPS was shit from the start.

I suppose it could be overheating, but I doubt it. The room I'm in is quite cold (though I don't know how much air temp effects CPU temp) but I guess it could be. How would I find out?

Oh, I forgot to mention. I could be off, it's just by eye that I have been noticing this, but it seems when there's a wide-open space to be rendered, my FPS drops to absolute shit, like 10-15, but when there's an enclosed space it will run smoothly even with multiple models on the screen/firing. Again, I could be wrong but it seems that wide open spaces give me the worst results. Not sure how you'd interpret that, but oh well, just throwing stuff out there.

SHAWN said:
Problem = ATI video card.

Its already been proven that ATi gets better FPS and performance in CS than Nvidia cards :(

But who cars, I love Nvidia, and CS runs fine on my 6600 in full specs.

Sounds like a driver issue, if it didn't happen before, then maybe its caused by faulty drivers.

Well, anyone know of some alternate drivers I could try? I'm using the newest catalyst ones right now (5.1 I think?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom