Several Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
So this is my first build i completed last night but im having several difficulties i need help with.

First the comp wont post, it has power and starts up then it just stops again and restarts the fans and everything again. All the fans have power and work so i dont think it is the PSU. Once it stops it just continually restarts whether i press the power button or not. Ive tried most of the stuff in the sticky posts about removing RAM and the IDE cable from drives etc. This doesn't seem to solve the problem. The way i see it i have some options:
1. change the IDE cable and see if this has any effect or such with other cables.
2. Attach some speakers from another computer to listen for the beep code.
3. anything else you guys can suggest??

The specs for the build are:
C2D E6600
Gigabyte DS4
AS5 and Scythe Ninja Rev. B CPU cooler
Sapphire ATI 512mb X1950 Pro
G.Skill PK series 2gb Ram
Corsair 620HX PSU

The other problems i have are, the sapphire 512mb X1950 pro came with a power cable with a built in PCI-e power cable and a male molex connector that both connect to a single female molew connector (it might be the otherway around with the male and female?!) but it suggests connecting it to the power supply then the graphics card and also to the hard drive - however the HDD im using is a sata drive and so im not sure how to do this?? Any help appreciated...

Third problem is the fan for the scythe ninja has a fan power cable but i have several places it can attach to on my motherboard - SYS_FAN, CPU_FAN or PWR_FAN? which one?

Thanks sam.

starting with your third problem, CPU_FAN is for your CPU surprisingly, SYS_FAN is for any system fans you have running, again a huge shock. I'll let you guess what the PWR_FAN is for :).
you want to plug the scythe ninja into the CPU_FAN slot. (that is assuming you ARE using it on your cpu)

Yeah thanks for the sarcasm but when i plug the scythe into the cpu_fan port it doesn't run when i turn the system on, it only runs when put into the pwr_fan port so thats why i asked the question. Plus i have no other fans to run off these ports anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom