"The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain a ne - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain a ne

At first I was using k-lite media player then I use audioswitcher to switch my audio from speaker to headphone and then I notice k-lite sound still coming out from my speaker but the rest of the sound playing in headphone like WindowMediaPlayer and system sound.

Then I try Uninstall or install also out that error, I try from new till old version still the same. So I decided to reformat everything even deleted the partition. After format still the same. even some my of game setup that i install from the last week also out that error. I also notice after format(already format a few time) after that error came out my task manager and regedit has been disable even try to do thing in safe mode. I try everything,i can't solve it by myself. Pls Help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428764850191.jpg (73.5 KB, 3 views)

TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
At first I was using k-lite media player then I use audioswitcher to switch my audio from speaker to headphone and then I notice k-lite sound still coming out from my speaker but the rest of the sound playing in headphone like WindowMediaPlayer and system sound.

Then I try Uninstall or install also out that error, I try from new till old version still the same.
Have a look at what I highlighted, thats the source of your problems.

1.what audioswitcher do you use, model name and number would help.
2.Why aren't you using control panel to just disable your main sound card so it'll switch to your headphone ?
3. which windows os do you use, also is 32bit or 64bit ?
4. which version of klite did you download before and was working properly ?
Version would greatly help.
5.How is your speaker system setup, also which sound card do you use ?

Sure its alot of questions I am asking, but its necessary so I can narrow down to source of the issues and undo most of it.

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain

I'm using audioswitcher for faster switch between my headset and speaker. Well I solved my problem. My computer was infected by virus. Corrupted many of my setup. Used Antivirus to clear all my com. Thanks for the reply
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote