Setting up SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
Trying to figure out why I can't SLi to work I've followed the instructions from several sits, my MOBO manual and Nvidia, but for some reason the option to enable SLi will not show up, both cards are detected, I've updated nForce and Geforce drivers but still can't get it to show up, and the golden finger is plugged in, any suggestions?

i've never heard the term golden finger before but from my experience with Asus SLI boards they use a card to enable/disable SLI. is that what it's called/what you're talking about?

are both cards the same manufacturer? intermanufacturer SLI should work but i have heard of problems (though i myself ran SLI with 2 different 7900GSs) when one manufacturer doesn't use the reference design.

is SLI enabled in BIOS?

is the SLI bridge installed?

I checked setttings in BIOS, didn't see any setting to enable standard SLI, and the golden finger is a term for the SLI bridge, xD, the only setting is for Hybrid SLI for the onboard GPU but I don't wanna use that.

One 8600 is a BFG and the other is a MSI 8600, but they are both GTs

Edit: Oops didn't mean to post twice in a row, sorry

You don't setup SLI in the bios.

Go to the nvidia control panel then go to set SLI and Physx configuration

Select enable Physx
Select enable SLI

It might ask you to reboot after you set it but then it should be working for you

No, the motherboard booklet doesn't say anything like that, all it says is install latest nForce and Geforce Drivers and it should be there, but its not, think maybe its a bad SLi Bridge or what?

I realize this thread is about 3 days old and may have been pushed the bottom, but, "it is always best to post in existing thread than to start another".
So, I appear to be having the same exact problem as the OP, and seeing the the tread has no solution posted, and is, in fact, 3 days old I was wondering if a solution was found in another thread or another part of the internet? As my nvid control panel looks exactly the same.

INcase there's a difference
MB - ASUS M3N72-D,
Vid cards- 9600 gt X2
OS- windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom