setting up scsi raid on server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
so yeah, title says it all. i have 2 15k 36gb scsi drives that i would like to run in a mirror. problem is i've never a) set up a raid before and b) never used server 2008 before.

at the moment the install screen is on what drive do you want to install windows on, and its no biggie to cancel it and restart from the beginning if i need to. thing is i have no idea what i'm doing so any help is appreciated :D

also if its easier add my aim/msn and we can chit-chat there.

so yeah, from doing a bit more research, it seems like from the page i'm on i can install the raid setup, thing is i need to get the disks to show up first... any pointers on how to pull that off?

after doing even more research i found that the drivers for my scsi card are already on the server 08 disk, but they don't want to be found.

Hey Peter. I think i was talking to you about this on IM. :p

As suggested i will move this to the hardware area as the drives are not recognized in the BIOS and that is where the problem starts.

aite, well i'm just gonna boot the idea of raid, it seems a bit silly. so now the question is how do i set the drives to be bootable?

That option should be in the BIOS to have the RAID Array boot before any other device or after the CD/DVD Drives. I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom