Server 2008 and no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Wow I've spent 4 hours already trying to get sound from my audigy 2 zs platinum pro sound card w/ Server 2008. First I installed Daniel K drivers and it started the Windows audio service. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled ones from the creative website and still no freaking audio. I'm about to give up. I've searched far and wide and tried almost every option. Anyone w/ server 08 that can help me out?

Hello,

The Daniel K drivers should work just fine. They work perfectly with my Audigy 2ZS in Server 2008.

Cheers,
Mak

2. Its that stupid Windows audio service. I tweaked it to workstation following some guide. I have a feeling some where along the ways something got screwed up and now theres no audio. Whatever. I'll do a new install tomorrow

Hello,

Yes. You have to start the Audio service as on a Server OS it is not started by default. Sorry i figured you had that started up already.

Also you will have to start the Themes service up as well after you install the Desktop Experience. Use this guide.

Windows Server 2008 as Workstation - Ohad's Blog

It is the most detailed as to what must be done to get Server 08 working like Vista.

Cheers,
Mak

Audio service was already started up. I tried the supreme fx card that came w/ the mobo and it works fine and my logitech speakers work fine through usb. I think its the card itself. Oh well, gives me an excuse to buy a better one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom