Seriously WTF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobyamu

Beta member
Just installed a new soundcard (PC Line 5.1 Channel Sound Card) Installed the drivers etc etc and i have sound on some programs like iTunes and PKR and some others but for the rest i haven't got any sound at all.

Can anyone help pleeeeeeease

Thanks in Advance

Toby

Do you have onboard sound still active? Do you have the new sound card active in your Windows profile?

I do have a onboard sound card but it doesnt work thats why i brought the new sound card, im not sure if its active or not? can you tell me how to check please?

I am guessing because it's PCline you got it from either PC world or Currys an I can honestly say they are some of the worst sound cards out there, they are cheep nasty an fail quite a lot.

Well considering that it still makes sound in other programs, it might be a driver issue. Is there any other drivers you can find for the card (newer/older) that you can try out? Also try going into your bios and checking if the on board audio is disable/enabled. If its disabled, that's why it wasn't working, but if its enabled, try disabling it, and you might get sound from the other applications. I think it would be worth a shot.

[EDIT]
Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices

Go to the Audio tab and see what is in the Sound Playback section. Tell us whats in those sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom