Serious Trouble With PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperP1anes

Beta member
Hi guys,

I am having serious issues with my gaming computer, I was in the middle of a game of counter strike source and it forze so I restarted, I had a ****-load of trouble trying to get it to boot back up It wouldn't even boot into safe mode. I finally got it working again and restored it to a few days back but it just froze again. I really do not want to restore my PC, there is over 30gb of music and about 15gb of videos on there. I don't know all the stuff about my PC, just the basics -

CPU - Intel Core2DUO 2.4ghz
Ram - 2gb Ram
Video Card - Nvidea 8800GT

And thats pretty much it.

Thanks for any help.

what tempuratures are you getting on your cpu? Does it only restart when the computer is under load? CPUID will give us the motherboard model that you have. Worst case you could do a windows repair if that is needed and you would not loose your files.

have you done regular maintence...defrag, open case and spray with a can of air? Also how big is you harddrive. When you open up defragger it will tell you C : drive 40g
I'm sure you already know.... click start>all programms>accessories>system tools>disk defragmenter
Don't defrag any external cards or ipods as it may erase them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom