Serious recurring problem we simply cannot figure out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderSinclair

Beta member
The computer runs fine sometimes then randomly blue screen and says beginning physical memory dump(KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR). After this error its been unable to detect a bootable device. lately it does this both at random times, and when using the cd drive to install anything tried unhooking cd drive and comp says insert boot drive, if it does work then it will run fine sometimes and lock up randomly other times. It's really random. When pushing the power button it sometimes is delayed around 5 seconds before the fans kick in. odd.

Yes this is the obvious answer to the error message, but I really dont think it's the ram. The computer has been doing this for a while now ever since the motherboard was replaced. When we move the computer (unless we move it very very carefully ) it fails to start. Sometimes when you power on the fans go full speed and stop a few times and then the whole thing turns off or just continually speeds up and stops with no POST. The original thought was the harddrive was messed up... so i lent my hard drive and it worked for a day... then it started burping again. I really really think it's the MB. Also we have two sticks of ram that we change in and out and the problem still exists. Thanks for welcoming me to the tech forums! do you share my opinion?

It could be the mobo but if moving it can cause problems I would suspect the power supply or a loose connection. Pull the 2 power connectors to the mobo and see if any of the pins looks dirty or burnt causing a bad connection. While your checking the connections grab a philips head screwdriver and make sure the mobo is secure. Check the cpu heatsink. Is it tight or does it move easily (it should move a little).

Download Hardware Monitor and install and run it. It will show your your temperates and voltages. Leave it running as your using the PC and observe your temperatures and tell use what range your seeing. I also want you to observe your voltages. Are any of them running low? Are any of them fluctuating? Can you post us a screenshot and list your system components by make and manufacturer?

HWMonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom