Serious Problem, No boot, Display or Beep. Help me gods of techforums! PLEASE! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Exclamation Serious Problem, No boot, Display or Beep. Help me gods of techforums! PLEASE!

I moved my parts from my tj-09 case (just sold it.) to a brand new m9 thermaltake case.

A very huge downgrade, but it works none the less. Now before the switch my computer worked wonderfully.

But after, I get NO post, boot up, and no display. I tried using another powersupply, but still the same problem.

I also noticed that I have an internal speaker handy.. meaning.. im not sure if it fell off... or if it came with one of the things I have.. Here is what I have in my hands right now:

http://www.clearpc.ca/catalog/images/speaker.JPG

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong.. PLEASE OH GOD. Don't let it be my mobo, i just got it 2 months ago from newegg, OPEN BOX. I'm not sure it has a warranty on it..

: <

Old 09-01-2008, 03:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Serious Problem, No boot, Display or Beep. Help me gods of techforums! PLEASE!

1. Make sure the wall outlet is good
2. Make sure the PSU is good
3. Make sure there is no extra screws or anything loose on mobo or under it.
4. Make sure all the fans on mobo and case and everything connected.
5. I had a recent experience that, when I do not connect the hard drive
the system won't even post. when I power on the fans rotate and lights blink a second and everything shuts down. I would do some trial and errors.

Sam

Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

1) Check
2)Check
3)Check HOWEVER.... my brother was chewing bubble gum.. and some bubble gum wrapper was on the motherboard... -.-
4)Check

FIXED!

In a last attempt I reseated EVERYTHING, and double checked all HDDs were in etc.

I honestly think it was just luck.

thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: Serious Problem, No boot, Display or Beep. Help me gods of techforums! PLEASE!

That little speaker must have came with the new case. It will plug into the speaker header the motherboard if it don't already have one.
Closed Thread