Serious Problem...again. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Angry Serious Problem...again.

Ok here goes...

I've been trying to install Raid 0 for the past few days. I got it to the point where it actually looked like it was going to work. So I then proceeded to format my computer, and hopefully reinstall windows.

The problems began when I tried to format my computer.

It just wouldn't format. I tried 100s of times... It would leave 0% ! I even left it there for 2 hours, it didn't move 1 tiny %.

Just for grins and giggles I restarted CMOS, flashed my mobo, and tried formatting again..
Didn't work.
So I did the whole cmos thing again, and tried to format using the Quick NTFS format.

It worked..

But it gave me fatal errors while installing, making it impossible to get past the 'welcome' screen at logon.

I seriously need help guys, i know this is a long post, and you see this post all the time but I really don't know what to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------End of Real post-----

I installed raid 0 by enabling it in my Bios and placing 2 of the 2 250gb HDDs in the Striping slot. (64k) When prompted, I pressed f6 during the windows installation and installed the 2 raid drivers required for my motherboard.

What is strange is that when I installed raid 0 wrong (installed raid 0 on just one HDD) It formatted and worked flawlessly. Now its just thunderF***ed

My specs tforce 550 mobo
2 250gb WD HDs

Old 06-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Serious Problem...again.

You could try to start with a win98 boot disk and at the A: type fdisk and clean off the partitions if there are any. Then make a primary active boot partition. Then start the install process over again and try to format. Should work. But to be truthful I have had a pain in the ars with Raid myself. I had to set this computer up with two sata drives cause I couldn't get my raid setup to boot. So I'm not sure that will work but it's worth a try.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Serious Problem...again.

When I try to create a partition it 'verifies' my harddisk. It goes to like 50% and starts over..
I tried kill disk and it said it formatted it . But the format % in windows is still at 0%
Closed Thread