Serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
I don't know what I did but I can't get into windows now, just in safe mode. I get these dots all over the screen and when it tried to get to windows there's a black screen and then this blue screen pops up for like a second saying there's some type of problem then it reboots. I tried using the last known working thing but still won't work.

Boot off your XP CD and go into the recovery console. Run this command "chkdsk /r" it might be /f i can't remember. This will run a scan on your hard drive and repair any error's it finds. Reboot when complete.

Please post results.

I don't have a normal xp cd for my computer I just have a recovery cd and that doesn't have that option but I do have an xp pro cd that I tried and I didn't know the admin password. But anyway this is what the blue screen says.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp.

If this is the first time you've seen this screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This is usually indicates a problem with the device driver itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

I did that and I got into windows but then I tried to install the drivers for the video card, so I did that then rebooted then after the windows screen loaded it went to a black screen instead of the welcome windows screen and it stayed like that forever.

Well then it sounds like drivers for the video card like Shawn said.
Make sure the drivers and windows certified.

Well I tried to figure this out but I can't. All I know is that it has something to do with the nv4_disp driver.

I just found out that my video card fan isn't working. So I don't know if my card is damaged or can I fix this somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom