Serious lag when no programs are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer15

Baseband Member
I usually play a few games when I get home from work, This one game I downloaded a patch for. I installed the patch, it had a few things my virus controller (Mcaffe) without thinking I hit "accept all" and now I think I have a virus. I get severe lag on games that Ive never had it befor and its just frustrating and uplayable. I had popups coming up at one point but I got rid of that one no problem, but now I cant seem to find whats wrong with my computer now.

Ill have no programs running and it will make sounds likes its loading something, but nothing ever comes up. Its a dell, and I can list what its got in it. If you can help or give advicce I would greatly appreciate it. Starting to think computers hate me :(

Oh and I realised I might have put this in the wrong forums :eek:

Hi there
Well get the program spy bot its free and update it and let it run. Also in the run box type msconfig and go the the start up tab. See if anything is running that you don't want to run. After your done running it then go to help and on the second line up on the right side select system restore and restore to an earlier time.

Its probably your Anti-Virus Or firewall doing its scans when the computer is on Idle, i have that happening to me

Check in your task manager what is taking up all the CPU... I had this problem with svchost but resolved it.

NOO!!!! its part of Windows its essential, what you should do is try to disable Automatic Windows Update so it doesn't hog your CPU, and manually update it

NOO!!!! its part of Windows its essential, what you should do is try to disable Automatic Windows Update so it doesn't hog your CPU, and manually update it

Hmmm, and how does one do that? I had the virtual memmory minimum to low bubble come up but up'd that.

Control Panel > Automatic Updates > and check Turn off Update

and when you wanna update click that link there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom