serious hardware failure... what's the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGBERG

Beta member
I've been having bluescreens for about a year, I had assumed it was a faulty graphics card, so I recently bought a new BFG gForce 6800 GT, but I have still been getting the errors while playing Warcraft. I downloaded prime 95 and it confirmed a hardware error. I downloaded motherboard monitior, and it says my cpu diode temps are 150-160 degrees and my +12 voltage is usualy dropping to like 11.9. I ran some 'power supply calculator' which said i needed a minimum 285W power supply, but my power supply says its 450W? How much of the 285 is the +3 or +5 V which mine says has a 220W maximum? I really have no idea how to confirm what is wrong with my computer so I can fix the right thing the first time.... any help would be greatly appriciated

I have ran the memtest a bunch of times with no errors, I'm thinking its a faulty power supply or motherboard. I had no played warcraft with the motherboard monitor running until today, when I noticed the temp DROPPED 15 degrees. I was very confused, but after I stopped it dropped again, and now it is in the correct range. Can someone explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom