Serious Graphics Card Problem...Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noniy

In Runtime
I am not quite sure if its the graphics card problem or not, but most likely is.

I have built my PC for gaming,
and recently started playing the game crysis again.

Every time i go into the game, and play it runs perfectly fine with no lag (30-50FPS).
then in the middle of me playing the screens goes black for a second, kicks me out back to windows, with the game completely closed.

Then in the bottom right hand of my screen (where the icons are) it says "Display Drivers has stopped working, and has Recovered"

I play many more games, such as L4d1, css. WoW. and this has never occurred in those games.

Although a similar problem has occurred inn GTAIV, it doesn't kick me or anything, just after 5 or so minutes after playing in GTA, every thing is all glitchy, like my graphics card cant even handle it... when i know for a fact it can. normally peoples head, arms, legs are popping out like 5-10 feet away from their clothes, and sometimes half the screen goes completely dotted green, with unable to see anything in the game of how it should look.

My system specs as follows:

Cpu: Intel Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
Graphics Card: 1GB GTX285
Ram: 4GB DDR2 @ 1066MHz
Power Supply: 750Watt Power supply
Motherboard: 750i FTW
Hard Drive: 640GB @ 7200rpm (about 250GB free space)

My PC is air cooled with about 7 Fans, and my CPU normally stays around 30 degree Celsius or Lower.

I run all my games at max graphics settings (except crysis i run at "Gamer" (2nd best Graphics Settings)) all at 1920X1200 Resolution.

Im hoping to get Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2, and actually be able to play without any glitch problems or ever getting kicked out of the game of how it should be played.

So if theres a way to fix this i would very much like to know ASAP.

Thanks.
Most appreciated,
Noniy.

Its probably overheating, the video card that is.

Use nvidia control panel or evga precision tool to turn the fan speed up to 100% before entering the game.

You can also try updating all hardware drivers and patching the games.

Also cut down on running processes using msconfig and update windows.

I don't see where to turn the fan speed to 100% on the nvidia control pannel,

but to update the drivers to i just click "downoad drivers and sofatware" which takes me to the nvydia website, where i pick my GPU to download.

this technically is a download, and not an update.

so I'm not completely sure on those two.

You don't have to use nvidia control panel, evga precision tool is free you can just google it.

There are many softwares to turn up video card fan speed just have to google around.

A windows update will sometimes install drivers for hardware if there are newer versions.

Otherwise you just have to download the setup file from the manufacturers website and install them manually like you said.

Just make sure you get the correct ones for the OS and video card.

my fan speed was at 40%, now at 100%.
My GPU is no running around 45-50 degrees Celsius, instead of around 60-65.

way louder then before, will this at all mess with my power supply?
Hoping not.

once my Drivers are done installing/updating ill try out crysis and GTA again.

There will be no harm in running the fan at 100% other than a slightly shorter life span of the fan which is negligable. I get that a lot with my Nvidia based laptop, happens with one game more than the other and it gets indrecibly annoying.

its fixed.

thanks alot =D

i turned the fan to 100%, and updated drivers.

probably a problem related with both, well thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom