Serious computer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be two places I would put my money on: Either a bad processor, or a bad or unstable power current from the outlet. Have you tried any other outlets, maybe in a diff room? I had that problem before and had an extension cord running across the hall before I could have a change to pull the drywall and rewire it.

and the only way constant restarting could damage the hdd, is if the read head got pinged off the side, or if it sent bad power to the hdd.

The last thing I can possibly think of is that maybe the motherboard is shorting to the motherboard tray.

and lastly, I've heard of this happening: have you tried any other monitors, mice, keyboard, unplugging any un-needed peripheral devices and booting? because the internal circutry could be shorting and triping something to make it restart or if your keyboard has a power button on it and it is shorting

heh you should of read my last post, i just said... this computer has been pluged into outlets in other buildings and does the same thing..and another thing, it's not restarting.. its shuting down, which usualy means something differnt then a random reboot so i heard. and again with the motherboard, this is the second motherboard with the same exact problem, so i don't think it has anything to do with it.. and like i said, i've unpluged everything i could 1 at a time to try to eliminate everything i could but still can't find the problem besides the 1 hard drive that seems to make the booting up harder, but the computer still shuts off after a while. with only the "better" harddrive ..no one's really come up with a differnt idea besides power or motherboard but as i've said i've checked these things already.. and it's not 99% sure it's not the motherboard or outlet :( and for the hardrive damageing, i ment the new hard drive that i just bought that came in today, since my computer randomly shuts off if it shuts off durring install of mobo drivers or of windows on the new hd he said it wouldn't be fun trying to fix it and it'd be better to wait to see when i get the processor sent to me from amother fourm member trying to help me out which i am of course very greatful for it's just so frustrating not being able to find the problem and.. everyone is at a loss on what it could be.. :(

It said in one of you earlier posts that the CPU fan was 0 RPM, you said you manually started the cpu, so when you did that was the cpu fan running? Cause it might be that once you start to do something intensive the cpu will automatically turn off, but if the cpu fan isn't running it should always turn off...
I would say get a temp program, and monitor the temps as you do things on your comp if you can get it running.

its on 6th page i keep telling my self i would read this post when it was only on page 3, but the 1 post put be off cos of how long it was lol but ive read the 3rd RECAP has bits missing init. serious man, i had this problem when i played music and games, i sent my motherboard off to be repaired n swaped it 4 times, n swap my processor twice, so u must well think it anit them to, wel was i brought a new motherboard and tryed my processor, it worked fine:D so i took my old mobo back n they wouldnt have it so i kept it and put it in my dads pc whihc i built later on before it went out of 12 month n it works fine. i couldnt belive it, it was a reali gd board aswel:D

for me it's hard to believe a new motherboard, would have the same exact problem that the old motherboard had. I know you can end up sneding out for a bad motherboard but, with the same exact problem as your previous one? highly unlikely to me. and i've never tried swaping processors yet so.. guess we'll see when it happens, i had my computer off for the night..which apperently was a mistake cause took me about 1-2 hours to get it to turn on so i can at least look at the fourms.

so you are using the pc that shuts off to look at tech-forums? its a miracle that your still here.

you dont have any other pc's as a last resort type of thing? I always make sure to have at least one backup, even if I am running a 3600+ x2 and the backup is a 333 PII, its still a pc that can get on the internet to try and fix the faster pc, lol (or order new parts from newegg)

and is that guy ever going to send out the cpu, or whats going on with that?

you can get a nice cpu here for cheap that will be faster than your origional too.

oh btw, your system is the EXACT same specs as my old one, (well the 7600GT, 3200+, 1gb ram, etc..)

so you are using the pc that shuts off to look at tech-forums? its a miracle that your still here.

you dont have any other pc's as a last resort type of thing? I always make sure to have at least one backup, even if I am running a 3600+ x2 and the backup is a 333 PII, its still a pc that can get on the internet to try and fix the faster pc, lol (or order new parts from newegg)

and is that guy ever going to send out the cpu, or whats going on with that?

you can get a nice cpu here for cheap that will be faster than your origional too.

oh btw, your system is the EXACT same specs as my old one, (well the 7600GT, 3200+, 1gb ram, etc..)

sadly i used all my money on the HD and have $20 left over but.. used it on food lol and he sending the cpu but since he sent it yesterday i doubt it'll get here before monday and yes.. i am useing the broken computer, i don't have a backup. i go through like.. 5 shut downs a day and 2-3 hours geting it to stay booted lol i know it's prob not good for the computer but, this fourm is my only hope of geting ti fixed..also hge's not sending a heatsink so im either going to buy a new one or use this one i have already.. hopefulyl it'll be good enough since it came with a 3200 and he sending me a 3400

check if any pins are sticking out from the PSU 20/24 socket, 1 pin can cause a system to be unstable

and yes backup systems come in handy especially when a hard drive is infected or any other part
i use a P3 1.0Ghz , 9200 Radeon , 2x 40GB HD, 384MB RAM , as backup

check if any pins are sticking out from the PSU 20/24 socket, 1 pin can cause a system to be unstable

and yes backup systems come in handy especially when a hard drive is infected or any other part
i use a P3 1.0Ghz , 9200 Radeon , 2x 40GB HD, 384MB RAM , as backup

no idea what the 20/24 socket is, but like i said we replaced the powersuply at one point with no change

the 20/24 socket is the big connector that comes out of the psu and goes to hte mobo. there's that one and the 4 pin connector. so make sure that some pins arn't hanging off the end.

the 20/24 socket is the big connector that comes out of the psu and goes to hte mobo. there's that one and the 4 pin connector. so make sure that some pins arn't hanging off the end.

no.. doesn't pear to be if im even looking at the right thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom