Serious computer crashing problems, Requires Immediate attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber

Baseband Member
Whenever I play a game on my computer it crashes after an amount of time. The newer the game the shorter I have before it crashes. The errors are usually blue screens and the like, often stating an ati related driver as the cause. Another blue screen that is common is the 0x8e bluescreen. Some games like source games crash with a memory could not be read error. And other games like starcraft crash with a "The program has encountered a problem and cannot continue" generic windows error. This is angering me greatly and I would like someone to help me get it working before I do something stupid, like pack if full of explosives and detonate it somewhere. So help me already.

I have ATI omega drivers, updated motherboard, sound card, and other drivers. I have downclocked the memory to 266 ddr as it seems to help by making games play longer without crashing, albiet only about ten minutes longer. I am not sure about the paging file, tell me what it should be at to prevent crashing.

Hardware Specifications:

MSI pT880 Neo fsb

radeon 9800 pro sapphire w/ 128 megabyte video ram

512 megabytes ram, dual channel, twin 256 megabyte sticks, Kingston hyperX ddr400

Sound blaster live 24 bit

Western digital Caviar SE 80 gb hdd

350 watt power supply that came with antec case

Some old lite on cdrom drive, not being used to play games (I use an ISO loader)

Linksys 10/100 ethernet card

Pentium 3.0 ghz processor with hyper threading (Hyper threading currently turned off to determine cause of problem)

Study this information and post any queries for clarification.
Post your answers professionally and if you include a solution put it in a step by step manner to avoid confusion and frustration.

Thank you for your help.

Previous testing and brainstorming indicates that the cause might be:

1. The video card's Vram, due to the mix of ATI driver and memory related errors

OR

2. The video card not interfacing correctly with the system

I will try to switch from the Omega drivers I have now to the latest ATI drivers. I have switched the virtual memory paging file to system set and went back to ddr 400. I have tried using a different stick of memory in the system and it did not fix the problem in the least, so the ram is ruled out.

I will start posting each error I get whilst starting or during gameplay.

Blue screen

Page fault in nonpaged area
ati3duag.dll
Stop: 0x00000050

I believe I fixed it by updating my bios. I'll post if it continues, but I believe it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom