Serial ATA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I got a fairly decent computer from school and I droped in a Serial ATA HD into it and Im running windows Vista Basic on it and When Im going through the Vista Setup its not picking up any HD. Do I need to do anything in the bios? This is my first serial ATA HD

Here are my system Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP

Motherboard: Biostar M7VIZ

Ram: 1GB

HD: Hitachi Deskstar 500GB

Where in the bios do I look? I see something in bios called HD-0 but when I go into the vista setup it says no drives found.

Control panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Managment > Now click on Disk Managment on the left side... See if it is showing up in there, it is most likely RAW and still needs to be formatted, right click on it, and format the drive via disk managment.

I would do this but I need to setup Vista before I can use a control panel.

Control panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Managment > Now click on Disk Managment on the left side... See if it is showing up in there, it is most likely RAW and still needs to be formatted, right click on it, and format the drive via disk managment.

Oh woops sry... So in the bios, it should show up under System information at the top left... It will list the time, cpu, any cd/floppy drives you have and HDD.... It is possible you need to load up some SATA drivers which I haven't had to do with vista yet unless it was on a really old machine....

Here are the drivers to load when selecting an HD... Make sure to get the SATA RAID drivers, yes it will include standard drivers with it for SATA, this is the latest version from VIA... Don't know why the banner says Display Drivers...

VIA Arena - Display Drivers

Have you tried different sata ports on your board?

Strangely enough even though your drive is sata and should not need jumper settings you may need to set up jumper to have it operate at sata I 150 to work with your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom