Sempron loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaricloud

Golden Master
Mmkay, I've been having a major issue for a while with a AMD Sempron machine that we have been building.

First off, when it boots up, it reads the 1.5 processor at 950Mhz Athlon XP with an FSB of 100. The motherboard has no jumpers to change for FSB, and I have tried to change it to the right setting of 166 and it doesn't initialize, it just beeps at me. A looooong beep. Silence. Loooong beep. If I set it to 133, it reads the processor as 1.25Ghz Athlon XP, and it STILL LOOPS.

It only seems to start looping after we plug in IDE/floppy cables...then even if you take them out it loops. :\ I'm stumped.

For the love of mice, HELP ME. D:

how can i update the BIOS when i cant get it to stop looping? let alone boot? the motherboard is brand new, as well as all the other parts.

it's an ASRock board, by the way.

nevermind, fixed the problem :D turned out the 300w power supply wasnt cutting it. AMD needs a MINIMUM of a 350w and not one that just peaks out at 350, but a true 350. i plugged in a RAIDMAX 380 and it works great.

and the other issue was an FSB problem, when i replaced the power supply, i went to change the fsb in the BIOS to 166 and on the mobo to 333. :D it woooorks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom