Self-built computer spontaeously crashed, now won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
A couple of days ago I was playing some music on Windows Media Player when my computer just spontaneously crashed. The sound turned to static and all of my controls froze. I turned the computer off and tried to restart it. It booted up just like it normally would... my fans and lights came on and the hard drives could be heard spinning but it didn't even go to the bios sceen. My monitors just displayed the fact that they weren't getting a signal. I also noticed that the fan on the GTX spun up to 100% immediately after being turned on which it normally never does.

I have tried resetting the CMOS by replacing the battery, but it didn't work. I also let it sit unplugged overnight before trying to restart it again, and that didn't work either. i'm pretty sure that something fried but I have no idea what. Any ideas?

I bet it's your mb, trying taking the dedicated gpu out and hooking in your IGP, if you have one, if you don't try another dedicated gpu.

if what ventriac said does not work take out 1 stick of ram and try it if it fails take that one stick out and put the other one you took out to eliminate the possibility of bad ram

I tried the ram thing already and it didn't help... I do have an old PCI gpu laying around somewhere that I think I can try, good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom