Second Monitor Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenose

Beta member
Hi everyone :D

I'm having an odd issue with my monitors. I installed Windows 7 x64 in December, and both monitors worked fine. But a few weeks ago, I replaced just about every component inside my machine. Now, after reinstalled Windows 7 again, my primary display still works fine, but my secondary display gets no signal. I was previously running an NVidia GeForce 8500 card (ancient, I know), and the new card's an ATI Radeon HD 5770.

The card has two DVI ports and a display port. My 22" LG monitor (primary display) is plugged into the first DVI port, and my old 20" ViewSonic is plugged into the second DVI port via a VGA to DVI adapter.

I have the most up-to-date versions of drivers for both monitors, my graphics card, as well as my motherboard.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I'm certainly no expert, but have you tried swapping the plugs around? Perhaps one of the dvi ports is bad or maybe its in the vga to dvi adapter. I would try putting the viewsonic into the first dvi port and see if it works.

Yeah, at first I was just trying to set up the second display via control panel, but then I tried using the ATI CCC. And I'm pretty sure I've tried the swapping ports idea, but I'll give it another shot when I get home from work just to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom