Second HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
I have Vista x64.

When I first plugged in my alternate sata HDD, it worked fine and showed up under the My Computer listings in Vista. I was able to use it with no problems and transfer files etc, basically just alternate storage.

Now, for whatever reason it will not show up in my computer and device manager says the drivers for it are not installed. There are no drivers for it, even on the site for the specific model. I also can't seem to get my External Drive to work, it simply does the same thing. Device manager picks up it up and says the drivers are not installed, I've used the ext. drive on countless other PCs with no problems.

So, question is.. I'm just looking for advice on how to get my internal HDD to work again, maybe even some pointers on the external. Thanks in advance.

Go to your mother board manufacturer's site and get the chipset drivers and maybe even see if they have SATA Drivers you can install.

Okay, thanks.

I've had issues installing the chipset drivers, they've run into problems, but now the installer says the install was "successful". I'll have to recheck the SATA drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom